IN FIVE (SORT OF) EASY STEPS:
1. gather some scrap wood (old house siding is the perfect thickness)
2. cut them in equal lengths
3. saw a point on one end (this will be your arrow)
4. pencil in your lettering to make sure you’ve got even spacing
5. trace the letters with a router (set at a shallow depth)
6. paint the lettering first (standard camp color is yellow)
7. let it dry. (patience, grasshopper) THEN coat the boards in a chocolate brown paint layer.
8. find a pole, bury a post, nail em’ up.
do what i did and feed your friends beer and have them help you.
10 x faster and far more entertaining than going it alone.