the town of elkhorn has an annual city-wide yardsale.
this years scores:
* camp folding chair (50’s)- $9 (avg retail: $40)
* antique wall road map of wisconsin – $15 (avg retail: $75)
* chamber pot from the 20’s – $3 (no idea what to do with this thing yet but who can pass up a chamber pot?!) (avg retail: god knows)
* wisconsin state plate $1 (avg retail: $12)
* 1930’s baby girl dress $1 (avg retail: $35)
* travel journals from the 30’s $1 each (avg retail: $15 e)
* antique tins, cheese boxes, containers, antique scissors – under a buck each. (avg retail: $50 for lot)
* vintage picnic basket $6 (avg retail: $35)
* assortment of 50’s board games: a couple bucks a pc. (avg retail: $15 e)
* wool 1940’s blanket: $5 (avg retail: $40)
* original laundrymat 60’s sorting bin: (pricey for a YS, but it was amazing— $35) – avg retail: $150
* wooden egg crate- $12 – avg retail: $40
* a TON of antique linens, tablecloths, napkins, all hand embroidered– avg $2 each. avg retail: $10-25 each)
all in all, a great score.
HOURS SPENT DRIVING AROUND: 2
DOLLARS SPEND HAGGELING: 121
KNOWING THAT WE GOT IT ALL AT A FRACTION WE WOULD HAVE PAID AT AN ANTIQUE STORE: PRICELESS.
cant wait for the next one!!