Our pair of old school canvas wedge tents sit perched at the top of our hill, overlooking the scenic kettle below.
They have cantilevered decks, outfitted with a pair of chairs & a cooler.
Inside, they’re – 8 ft at the peak center.
– Behr of Maine Camp stools & chairs
– Double entrances w/zip-tight bug screens
– ‘70s aluminum camp cots (w/ mattress toppers)
– vintage navy blue coolers & lanterns
– Adirondack twig side tables
– @faribaultmill camp blankets
We’ve just added a new option for the most rugged of campers :
If you’re up for a challenge,
consider yourself the rugged outdoorsy type, don’t mind when a raccoon tries to spoon you, you might be the right kinda camper for this option.
(If hospitality is rated on a five star scale, this option isn’t even gonna rank a 16th of a star)
Off the hiking path past the archery range is a ‘Bear Box’ that holds 2 footlockers, stocked up with everything the adventuring type needs to pitch their own fully outfitted tent site:
– A-frame for two *snug*
– A couple sleeping pads
– 1 ground cover roll
– flashlight (batteries)
– lantern (solar)
– camper clipboard (w/emergency deets)
– six-pack cooler
– insulated snack bag
– folding camp chairs
– sheets, Blanket, pillow, towels
– frisbee (cause, why not)
How it works:
When you book the two A-frame wedge platform tents, you’ll now also get two tent sites & outfitting kits. guests grab a fully stocked foot locker, pick a tent site (new carved out, mulch beds set in the back woods overlooking the ravine)
Erect your site, Then pack it all up back in your truck & return to bear box at the end of your stay. We’ll flip the box for the next campers.
* we’re adding this new option this season as our trial run to work out the kinks…. Kinks like how to prepare folks for what will be the most DIY overnight adventure they can imagine.
These “accommodations” are not for the meek, and best suited for Eagle Scouts.
Time to earn your merit badge.