We are hiring for a few positions. WANNA JOIN OUR TEAM? Details follow:
Camp Wandawega Operations Manager
We’re looking for another person to piece into our historic camp puzzle: a full-time, year-round Camp Operations Manager. This job is a little of everything and a lot of work – good work for the right person. From staff management and scheduling, to facilities maintenance, seasonal opening and closing of camp, dealing with vendors, long-term planning and organization – the list goes on and on. And on…
Especially during our high season (mid-spring through mid-fall), there is a long, recurring list of tasks that need your attention. We’re looking for someone who can restock the firewood and pump out the boats after a rainfall: there’s plenty of hands-on work for every role here. With that said, more importantly, we’re looking for someone with the experience and common sense to know when to pump the boats…know when the firewood needs to be restocked…who will know when we’re a month out from setting up the tents again, and know to start planning to manage the team to get it done.
We can train you in the individual tasks around here, no prob. What we can’t train is that desire to do things well, over and over, sometimes in the rain.
This is a beautiful place to work, and there’s a never-ending stream of interesting and wonderful people coming through, having the best weekend of their year. Work here and we’d be happy to help you build skills you’ll value your whole life. And, trust us, you cannot beat sitting around the campfire or watching the sunset from the pier after you’ve finished setting up camp for another season. We’re looking for a “camp person” who will find joy in all this. If that’s you, you know what we mean. With questions, or to throw your ranger hat in the ring, contact Camp Director Ashley Hutchison: email@example.com
Some more details:
– PURPOSE. You will play an important role in preserving and sharing the historic and natural assets of a property recognized on the National Park Service’s National Register of Historic Places. Learn more at wandawegahistory.org
– RESPECT. A career and title to be proud of: Camp Operations Manager for a place named among the 100 most incredible hotels in the world by Fodor’s Travel, and featured in Travel & Leisure’s “World’s Greatest Hotels” list.
– OPPORTUNITY. You get to be part of a growing small business where your ideas are not only welcome, they’re encouraged. You get experience and you get to grow here, always learning new skills. Plus annual reviews for career growth.
– FLEXIBILITY. We don’t have a time clock here, but we do have mutual respect for work-life balance, and an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay. While days are long during the high-season, we do shift to fewer hours in the slow season to make up for it.
– DIVERSITY. While half this job is structured and repetitious, the other half offers a wide range of work projects.
– FRIENDS. Some use of Camp in between guest events and rentals.
– INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT. Work with like-minded, open-hearted, inclusive, and diverse team members. We embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equity.
– CULTURE. Meet people from all over the country and the world. Our guests are generally creative folks who appreciate the historic and natural assets of Camp Wandawega.
– GOOD CO-WORKERS. Don’t take our word for it. Read our reviews to learn more about who we are and how we treat folks.
– MEANING. We host a variety of charity events – from our traditional “mass in the grass” to camps for inner city kids, education, and the arts. You will be working at a place where purpose and passion are more important than profits.
– REWARDING. This is last, ’cause nobody gets rich working at a summer camp. In addition to the numerous intangible rewards, we offer an annual salary commensurate to the regional pay scale for camps/hospitality industry.
Camp Wandawega Operations Assistant
Looking for a Swiss Army knife that “gets” us. The best camp candidate will be a Jack or Jill of all trades…pitching in on everything from guest prep in lodging spaces and communal camp spots, inventory for the canteen, restocking and set up for the craft cabin, field house, and welcome cabin. Helping with shipping and merch in the camp store along with other special camp projects like prepping for photo & film shoots, pulling props for styling for events, organizing and inventorying the prop room.
Must be willing to be hands-on with the rest of our small (but mighty) team working to keep this place ready for guests. Your days will be filled with projects ranging from polishing vintage bicycles to sweeping out the treehouse. Making bouquets for the mess hall to making coffee for the canteen. Restocking the brochure racks to organizing the field house. Planting flower boxes to assembling guest welcome kits.
We promise that no day will be the same, and that it will be unglamorous work.
This is an entry-level assistant position, so the pay is commensurate, starting at $12/hour. We need you to live within reasonable driving distance of camp. Be physically capable of everything from shouldering a heavy apple crate of craft supplies up a hill to carrying your end of a mess hall table. Experience isn’t necessary, but a love for camp life is, plus a positive attitude, willingness to dig in, and a heart for the great outdoors.
HOURS, flexible, but roughly:
Low season: (Nov-Apr) 10-20 hours/week
High season: (May-Oct) 20-40 hours/week
Start time is right away. Apply by Dec 1 to our Co-Camp Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Wandawega Social Content Maker
Must be fluent in Instagram reels, and TikTok. Film on iPhone and be a prolific editor music usage,
We currently (and will continue to) take on the main role of creating all feed Instagram posts, Instagram stories and Facebook daily, as well as management social media management.
We are looking for someone specifically to edit from our extensive library of existing films to create IG reels & Tik Toks.
This role is for somebody who is looking to build a portfolio, searching for an internship, looking for a marketing mentor, or just wants a chance to make cool things. You can work from anywhere but need to be able to come to camp a few times a months to capture content.
• Start time: ASAP
• Needs: 3 IG reels & 3 TikTok posts a week (6 total). (working closely with camp owner to establish content pillars, using best practices, to create a presence and amplify Camp’s ongoing projects)
• Pay: negotiable (commensurate with your level of craft & work examples)
• Benefits & bonuses: Use of camp as a getaway for you and a few of your friends/family (specifics negotiable)
Share your feeds, examples, books, sites…whatever you’ve got. It doesn’t matter to us if you’re still in school, or your age – talent, passion, and skills speak first. Send an introductory note and inquiries along with a link to your social profiles, etc. to: email@example.com
Camp Wandawega is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Camp Wandawega conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.